Free Park Ed-ventures This Summeresday, Jul 08, 2008
In addition to the wonderful activities listed in the Urban Park Rangers calendar, this summer the Rangers are offering more! Weekdays in the summer, bring the kids to parks around the city for our drop-in programs. Kids love earning their Nature Detective Badges as they explore the “wild” side of parks with the Rangers. Scavenger hunts, micro-safaris, “tree-mendous” hikes, and other wildlife experiences await.
- Orchard Beach: Orchard Beach Nature Center, Pelham Bay Park (Section 2 of Orchard Beach)
- Rockaway Beach: meet at 59th Street and the Boardwalk
- Forest Park: Myrtle Avenue, Union Turnpike, & Park Lane
- Kissena Park: Oak Avenue to Hempstead Turnpike. Meet behind Kissena Playschool, near 164th Street and Oak Avenue
- Crotona Nature Center, Crotona Park. Enter the park on Charlotte Street & Crotona Park East.
- Van Cortlandt Park. Enter the park at West 246th Street and Broadway.
New York Philharmonic’s Concerts in the Parks
Friday, Jul 11, 2008
The Philharmonic Orchestra performs free music under the stars with a fireworks finale.This evening’s concert includes Mozart’s Divertimento in D major, Bach’s Concerto for Two Violins in D minor, and Elgar’s Enigma Variations. Conducted by Xian Zhang.
Location: Van Cortlandt Park (Enter the park from Broadway, near West 251st Street)
This info was copied from the NYC Parks page!