Posted on December 13, 2008 by nicperrino
Some exciting things have been going on for BronxMama! Firstly, we will be featured in Bronx Family in a feature about local Bronx websites/blog. I will be sure to let everyone know when the issue is out.
Also, we have an artist, Alyssa Arater, working hard on a new banner and logo for the site! Stay tuned for more information on Alyssa and her amazing work!
Filed under: BronxMama Blabs | Tagged: bronx mama | Leave a comment »
Posted on November 14, 2008 by nicperrino
What you’ll need:
- 2 toilet paper tubes
- Brown construction paper
- Yellow construction paper
- Red construction paper
- White construction paper
- Black construction paper
- Tempera or watercolor paints
How to make it:
- Trace around your child’s hand on a piece of white construction paper. Note: You may wish to trace a larger area around your child’s hand to make the turkey feathers bigger and also make it easier for your child to cut out.
- Cut out the pattern.
- Paint the hand pattern with different colors of paints.
- Let the paint dry.
- Cut one of the toilet paper tubes in half. (You will only need one piece)
- Cut out brown construction paper to fit around the two toilet paper tubes and staple the paper onto the tubes.
- Staple the two tubes together, the shorter one on top of the longer one.
- Cut out a beak and some feet out from the yellow construction paper, a gobbler out of red construction paper, and eyes out of the white and black construction paper.
- Attach the eyes, beak, feet, and gobbler to the tubes with glue. (See photo)
- Staple the feathers to the back of the tubes when the feathers are dry.
COPIED FROM: http://crafts.kaboose.com/construction-paper-turkey.html
Filed under: Rainy Day Activities | Tagged: bronx mama, Rainy Day Activities, thanksgiving projects | Leave a comment »
Posted on October 23, 2008 by nicperrino
So I went ahead and got the domain www.bronxmama.com! I am very excited but at the same time know nothing about this stuff! I got it because I don’t want it to suddenly not be available. But for now, if you type in bronxmama.com you will be redirected to the wordpress site. If anyone knows how to work with domains and such, email me please!
Filed under: BronxMama Blabs | Tagged: bronx mama, domains, help, websites | Leave a comment »